Circular Economy Summit 2019 – A successful meeting of minds
More than 100 people attended this year’s Circular Economy Summit ‘Grow your business through collaboration’ held at Nancarrow Farm. The event hosted by Tevi brought together local businesses, policy makers & academics to explore opportunities for collaboration and progressing through different stages of circular economy work, taking inspiration from best practice examples from the Netherlands and Austria.
The aim of the summit is to celebrate the achievements of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly that are in the process of transitioning from a linear to a circular economy.
The summit heard from a range of experts from Cornwall and beyond, and participants broke into groups to discuss specific issues and opportunities they face in their daily life.
The agenda was as follows:
- Welcome and essential information (Dr Olga Andrianova, Industrial Impact Fellow, Tevi)
- Tevi’s role in supporting your business (Dr Dan Bloomfield, Project Manager, Tevi)
- Circularity: Why the circular economy is important for Cornwall (Prof Peter Hopkinson, Director of the University Exeter Centre for Circular Economy)
- The holistic view on the circular economy in Cornwall (Prof Steffen Boehm, Centre for Circular Economy of the University of Exeter)
- Introduction into breakout sessions and set in groups (Dr. Reg Butterfield Management Resources Centre, Vienna, Austria)
- Workshop 1: Exploring the opportunities for collaboration
- Nancarrow farm: invitation for a lunch without food waste (Steve Chamberlain, Farmer & Partner at Nancarrow Farm)
Lunch and marketplace
- Best practices for collaboration used in different stages of circular economy (Simone Gager, Program Lead, Circle Economy, The Netherlands)
- Introduction into entrepreneur approach (effectuation) (Dr. Reg Butterfield)
- Workshop 2:Approaching changes in different stages of circular economy
- Summary: sharing outcomes and next steps
To access the slides from the summit please use the following links:
Slides Part 1 – Intro
The role of Tevi in supporting your business
Slides Part 3 – Prof Boehm
The holistic view on circular economy in Cornwall: Advantage through cooperation
The following video was shown at this year’s summit highlighting the support Tevi has provided for SMEs in Cornwall developing a pioneering approach towards the circular economy:
Here’s what some of the participants said about the Circular Economy Summit:
“The event was amazing. Fantastic content and brilliantly organised”.
“..thank you so very much for the summit yesterday. The connections made, inspiration and confirmation were beyond helpful”.
“Yesterday was very beneficial to us and I think that business and collaboration will come from this”.
“I am just writing to thank you for organising yesterday’s conference. The event was very informative and gave me the chance to do some great networking as well. It was really interesting to listen the speakers and by the end of the day I had new ideas and really felt inspired to think outside the box. Nancarrow Farm was also a great venue and treated us with some great food”.