Recovery, Renewal, Resilience: the Local Industrial Strategy post-COVID-19
SMEs across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly have recently contributed to shaping the new Local Industrial Strategy (LIS), which seeks to drive economic growth and job creation over the next decade. The LIS is being developed in line with the Government’s national Industrial Strategy, which aims to boost productivity and create high-quality, well-paid jobs across the United Kingdom.
This webinar addresses the questions of how will the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic influence the development of Cornwall’s LIS? What lessons can be learned from the current situation? And what opportunities are there for Cornwall to lead the national recovery?
This session convenes some of the county’s key policymakers to answer these questions and to highlight precisely how Cornish SMEs, and the dynamic individuals that run them, can make a difference.
- Dan Bloomfield, Project Manager, Tevi
- Mark Duddridge, Chair, CIoS LEP
- Caroline Carroll, Manager, Local Industrial Strategy, Cornwall Council
- Toby Parkins, Director of Headforwards and President of the Cornwall Chamber of Commerce
- Melissa Thorpe, Head of Engagement, Spaceport Cornwall
- Lord Teverson, Liberal Democrat politician, and former Member of the European Parliament
- Carolyn Cadman, Chief Executive, Cornwall Wildlife Trust
- Professor Steffen Boehm, University of Exeter Business School
You can watch the full webinar here: