- This event has passed.
Scared to Scale? Learn how to grow and scale your business with confidence
November 17, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Two Green Magpies present Guest Speaker; Louis Hurst, an entrepreneur who has grown and scaled a number of businesses. Louis will reveal the challenges and opportunities of building, growing and scaling companies. You will learn about collaboration, using finance, marketing techniques and the simple tweaks you can make to your business to overcome the hurdles of growing and scaling.
The talk will give real life examples from Louis’ own experiences and provide great takeaways for any business owner.
The workshop will leave you thinking differently about your business and give you a clear action plan to exit or scale-up.
Event Host; Two Green Magpies, Business Consultancy
Two Green Magpies work with small businesses in a professional but compassionate way. We can help review the functions of your business and identify the best steps to help you generate more revenue. Based in Cornwall but with clients all over the UK, including South West Water, The Acorn Theatre Penzance and London Wildlife Trust, we have a wealth of knowledge in: writing / reviewing strategies, compliance, data analysis, communications support, events, relationship management, team wellbeing and more. CEO, Marie Preece and her colleagues will be at the event to meet you face to face, we would love to hear more about your business!
Event Sponsor; Tevi
Thanks to Tevi we are able to offer this event free of charge. Tevi provides small and medium-sized enterprises across Cornwall with expert consultation, opportunities for recognition and certification, and grant funding. We want to help enterprises make the most of the prized asset upon which they rely – our beautiful natural environment – by helping them grow their business.
Tevi supports enterprises to grow their environment locally and become more efficient with their natural resource use, minimise their waste, and transition towards a circular economy. The work is led by the University of Exeter and is delivered in partnership with the Cornwall Wildlife Trust, Cornwall Council and the Cornwall Development Company.
Informal 1-to-1 sessions , lasting around 30 minutes, with a Tevi Advisor will be available at the end of the event, if you would like to find out more about how Tevi can support your business.
9:00am ~ Arrival, coffee, networking
9:30am ~ Talks:
- Marie Preece, Two Green Magpies
- Catherine Pinney, Tevi
- Louis Hurst, Guest Speaker
10:30am ~ Refreshments
11:00am ~ Workshop
11:45am ~ Close and Tevi 1-to-1 sessions
Covid-19 Restrictions in place for this event;
- all attendees are requested to wear masks in the room, unless exempt
- there is a marked out area on the floor by lectern where the presenter will stand and present without a mask.
- windows and doors (external) will be open
- cleaning stations and hand sterilisers are in every room and at the entrance to the buildings
- the university requests that staff and students take twice weekly Lateral Flow Tests, so we would advise attendees to do the same.
- please do not attend if you have a positive test or are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- For more information please see the University of Exeter full Visitors Policy guidance