- This event has passed.
November 20 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
Announcing “Renewing Renewables”, a discussion and conference on what happens when renewable energy technology reaches its end-of-use: Can we turn this issue into an opportunity for Cornish businesses?
This event is of interest to renewable energy and waste management businesses and other stakeholders based in Cornwall.
Take part in this event to:
- Hear about policy and research on renewable energy and circular economy from our keynote speakers
- Find out more about Tevi’s unique Environmental Challenge Network and join the programme
- Network with other business and researchers who can help grow your business
8:30 – 9:15 Registration open
9:15 – 10:30 Business Leaders for Low Carbon meeting [attendance optional]
10:30 – 10:50 Break/Networking
10:50 – 12:30 Renewing Renewables session:
- Dr Anne Velenturf from Exeter University Business School, introduction to Tevi and the “Renewing Renewables” Environmental Challenge Network (ECN)
- Professor Phil Purnell from University of Leeds, convener of Resource Recovery from Waste, on circular economy challenges in renewable energy sectors identified at an industry workshop earlier this year
- Nadia Smith from the Renewable Energy Association, on policy and the scale of the challenge to recycle renewable energy technologies
- Build Solar demonstration with Dr Hasan Baig
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch and challenge mapping for renewable energy sources and ECN
13:30 Close; option to sign up to Tevi and/or ECN