Business response to G7 Summit – lets get the ball rolling!
The G7 Leaders’ Summit in 2021 is coming to Cornwall. The news is out and public opinion on the likely impact has been all over the media, but what opportunities will this present for small & medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in Cornwall? How can Cornwall make the most of this opportunity and what role can organisations & teams like Cornwall Chamber of Commerce, The Local Enterprise Partnership (CIoS LEP), Cornwall Council the universities and even us at Tevi help and support the business community to get their voice heard and showcase some of the great work taking place?
The event in June is being presided over by the UK and aims to unite leading democracies to help the world build back better from the COVID-19 pandemic and create a greener, more prosperous future.
The UK Presidency of the G7 aims to build back better from the COVID-19 pandemic by:
- leading the global recovery from the coronavirus while strengthening resilience against future pandemics;
- promoting future prosperity by championing free and fair trade;
- tackling climate change and preserving the planet’s biodiversity; and
- championing global shared values.
As well as welcoming G7 leaders to the UK in June for the Leaders’ Summit, the UK will host a number of meetings throughout the year between a variety of Government Ministers from the G7, both virtually and in different locations across the UK. These ministerial summits will cover economic, environmental, health, trade, technology, development and foreign policy issues.
Seven Ministerial Tracks will run throughout the year, each supporting a core part of the agenda to lead the world’s efforts to build back better from coronavirus:
- The Finance, Trade and Digital and Technology Ministers’ meetings will build back better by promoting future prosperity and championing free trade;
- The Health Ministers’ meeting will build back better by protecting people’s health and global resilience against future pandemics;
- The Climate and Environment Ministers’ meetings will build back better by protecting the planet;
- The Foreign, Development and Interior Ministers’ meetings will build back better by championing shared values including democracy and human rights.
To get the ball rolling we want to hear your initial thoughts on the G7 summit coming to Cornwall and how you might want Tevi to help represent SMEs from Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly in the build-up.
Please click here to answer the following questions:
- Initial thoughts on G7 coming to Cornwall?
- How would you like Tevi to help represent Cornish SMEs in the build up to the G7 summit?